From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:04:51 -0500

My 3-year-old son was biopsy-diagnosed almost a year ago.  We went back to
the GI dr. 3 months after going GF for just a general check up, at which
time he had gained weight quite well.  The dr. was pleased with his
progress.  At that time, our plan was to have the blood testing done after
he had been GF for about a year and then when the blood levels were back to
normal, to do another biopsy.

Now for my questions...when I called today about getting the blood work set
up, they told me the dr. wanted a tTG test and no other blood work.  I know
the tTG is supposed to be good, but I thought it was usually used in
conjunction with the IgA and IgG.  Is the tTG by itself adequate?

Also, it seems that there is no "standard" course of care with Celiac (and
other diseases I'm familar with, too), but does the second biopsy seem like
a reasonable thing to do?  I don't object to doing it.  I think it might
give me some peace of mind that Kevin really is doing well, but I wonder
how necessary it is.

Thanks,
Tracey Wolfskill
mom of Kevin 3yo w/Celiac and Brian 7yo noCeliac
Fort Worth, TX, USA