From:
R. Robare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 14:43:24 -0500

Dear List members,
Thank you for your responses regarding gluten free chewable calcium
supplements.

-Many recommended Viactiv Calcium chews, stating they verified gluten
free status with manufacturer.  Although one person did state that this
supplement made them ill.

-Freeda also had a chewable cal mint available at many of our gluten
free sources like Gluten Free Pantry, Gluten Free Mall, etc.

-Some take tums, the strengths recommended were tums, tums ultra es,
tums e-x extra strength

-Nature Plus has chewable calcium

-Shaklee's Vita Cal #20125

-Blacmkmores Bio Calcium (570mg Ca Phosphate, 600mg Ca Hydrogen
Phosphate plus 100 iu Vit D and says gluten free right on label) but may
be available in Australia only?

I chose the Viactiv because it's very easy to find at local stores and
is supplemented with vitamin d, and tastes pretty good.  In the future,
when I place another Freeda order, I may try their cal mints, I have no
idea how I missed them in the first place - but thank you very much for
all your recommendations.  I really appreciate your help, sincerely,
Rita