From:
gfkitchen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:33:54 -0600

Hello,

There has been lots of talk about getting labels changed, and getting
the FDA's attention in the matter of this matter. Myself and another
individual from a Food Allergy Group, Melissa Taylor, have contacted the
FDA many times, and have gotten a citizens petition approved for the
change in food labels.

What this means. Anytime you want to contact the FDA, to change a law or
ordinance, they want it in the form of a citizens petition. The petition
has to state the exact laws, environmental, and economical impacts, and
how you would like the law changed. You then must have the petition
approved by the FDA, before they will accept it. Once this is completed,
individuals can sign and mail in the petition,  where each one is given
a separate docket number. If they receive what they consider a large
amount of requests, then they will make recommendation for a possible
change in that law.

The purpose of my email is that I have received many emails lately
asking what to do in order to get some action in the food labeling
issue, and I thought if I posted it here, I would reach a great number
of individuals who might possible be wondering the same thing.

You can sign the petition to Campaign better food labels, at my site
http://gfkitchen.server101.com

It is listed under Campaign Better Food Labels, or you can reach it
directly at
http://gfkitchen.server101.com/foodlabels.html

Also be sure and sign the petition to manufactures. There are also links
to U.S. Senators, that you might want to send a letter of concern about
food labels to also

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Thank you,

Lucy Shriver