From:
David Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:54:40 -0600

It is unanimous....Nabisco's Cream of Rice is gluten free.  I received
21 very nice responses to my question about this cereal.

Two people responded that there is a "possibility" of gluten
contamination in the factory but 3 others stated that they are very
sensitive and have no problems.

Here are some suggestions for home made cream of rice:

********

Don't really know about Cream of Rice, but you can make your own if
desired by toasting rice in skillet on med heat, no oil, stirring
frequently.  When toasted grind rice in blender until as small as
possible.  I use brown rice and use 2T to 1cup water, cook a few minutes.
Add fruit, honey and soy milk.

*************

I love cream of rice and so does my son.  Whenever I make rice for
dinner, I make extra.  Whatever's leftover, I blend in a food processor
by adding milk or whipping cream.  (Preferably whipping cream, but
definitely fattening) It's easier to whip when warm.  I store it for the
next morning.  Sometimes it last for 3 or 4 mornings.  I put some in a
glass bowl, add a little sugar and milk and microwave.

********

According to Abigail's list at
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html "Cream of Rice
Cereal - Nabisco - (Not made on dedicated lines; however, they clean the
lines thoroughly between the cream of wheat run and the cream of rice
run)"

********

Thanks for all your help!!!