From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:07:09 -0500
> It is my understanding that while you can have multiple modems
> installed in
> a PC there is no way to bind them into one connection. However Diamond
> makes a special dual 56K modem called the Shotgun that is designed to
> internally bind two connections. You will  of course need two phone lines
> and two ISP accounts from the same provider. The better 56K connection you
> have now the better the Shotgun will work.

     You can do it with any two modems, provided you have two phone lines,
support in your OS and the ability to log into your ISP twice at the same
time (many charge extra for that). I don't know with what version of what
win95 gained this functionality, but my install of Win95B and IE5 has it. To
enable the feature, open up your dial up networking folder. Right click on
the account you want to enable it on and click on properties. Click on
Multilink and go from there. Since I only have one phone line I have never
tried it, however I do have a friend who relied on it until they got Cable
Modem access. TTYL

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html