Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 01:41:43 -0600
Thanks, Peter, for the response.
I have another question though...

The same two computers connected via crossover cable;
Computer B is printing to the shared printer which is physically
connected to computer A...
Now computer B wants to read the contents of a large file on A...
Can A send B the data while B is sending the print data
at the same time?   (Full Duplex)?
Or will printing be interrupted while B receives the data from A?
Or will A have to wait for print job to complete?
The answer will help me to understand my original question about
full duplex.

Thanks,
Larry Hooper

Peter Shkabara wrote:
> A 10M bps card can only send or receive at 10M bps max. By doing sending and
> receiving at the same time, you have the effect of 20M bps traffic. With
> only two computers connected with a crossover cable, no switch or hub is
> needed. You will have no data collisions and there will always be a full 10M
> bps transfer rate. Now, if we could only get that in a larger network!

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org