From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:34:27 -0500
> Just another question here on os systems, my Gateway P5 133XL of
> course came
> with win 95, I upgraded to win 98 with upgrade disk. Being a 95
> model puter
> it of course does not have USB ports etc, if the only major difference
> between the two besides drivers( gateway supplied all drivers on disks) I
> probably do not need all 98 has to offer, Also
> when I updated win 95 , mine came with A, ?  I could not find B upgrade,
> much less C. Mine runs better on 95 , less resource hungry, I keep wanting
> to go back to 95 as I mine is so old, 5yrs now, that I feel it
> will perform
> better. I am running 80 megs of mem, Question is, am I right in that

     Yes, I do believe that a P5 133 will be happier with win95B, however if
I had to choose between win98 and win 95 or win95A I'd probably stick with
win98 (for the simple reason of FAT32, unless of course you have a small
hard drive). Win95B and C unfortunately were never in the retail streams,
you could only get them with a new system purchase. I got my copy of 95B
from a person who bought a new system a long time ago but switched to Linux
and didn't need 95, got it for a good price too. I am certain that someone
in your area would be willing to sell it to you. TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org