NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larissa Blechman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:34:00 -0500
I agree about the Spectrum Spread being ok to use in baking, I have
found it to affect the texture of some baked goods but it does well in
cookies and I don't have to worry about the hydrogenated fats going into
my kids.  I like the taste of it too, my husband hates it but maybe
after years of no margarine or butter type spread I'm just happy to have
this.

Carol Fenster uses Spectrum Spread in the Special Diets book and
describes how she uses it in baking.

Lariss Blechman