CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Issodhos @aol.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:02:05 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/99 6:36:37 AM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> For public safety.  But I wouldn't place the emphasis on limiting the
>  number.  Rather, I would place the emphasis on strict requirements for
>  secure storage and inspection.  There should be some threshold number
>  of guns that determines when a person has an "armory".  He can own as
>  many guns above that number as he desires, but they must be stored in
>  an armory either managed by the military directly, or by a gun club or
>  private business that meets military standards and is subject to
>  military and/or police inspection.

     Rather than advance deeper into the police state you seemingly advocate,
might I suggest that since the vast majority of firearms related deaths
involves firearms owned by the governments of the world, and since the vast
majority of privately owned firearms are never used to kill anything, if it
is a reduction in firearms related killing and increased public safety you
want, it would make more sense to disarm all governments and re-arm the
world's citizenry.:-)
Yours,
Issodhos