BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 23:52:01 -0500
On my way back to Virginia from Connecticut after Thanksgiving, I stopped
at a favorite diner, the Conowingo Diner on Route 1 in Conowingo, Maryland,
and learned that the land has been sold for redevelopment. Although the
restaurant will continue in a part of the new shopping center that will be
built there (a condition of the sale by the diner's owners) the existing
diner is due to be demolished in the Spring of 2000. The original part is
one of those 'dining car' type diners. Its precise age is unknown, but it
was already old when moved to this site in 1953 from further up the road in
Pennsylvania. The current owner of the diner (the seller of the land) would
be very happy to find someone who wants the old diner instead of
demolishing it outright. His name is Bill. I don't know what sort of price
he might want--at this point it's going to be destroyed because he didn't
know what to do with it. I suggested building it into the new building. He
said two ladies had talked with him about turning it into a gift shop.
Anyone know of someone who would want it?

Don White