BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johnette Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:22:47 +0000
George?  Bruce?  Ralph?
At least these are readily identifiable.  Try Johnette!

Depending on people's listening skills and lip-reading
ability, I have been Janet, Jeanette, Donna, Joanette,
and I'm sure other monikers long forgotten.  A friend
I've known for 20 years still teasingly addresses my e-
mails to "Joan Jett."

In introductions, I have been "Johnette, you know, like
Smurf-ette" or of course "John with an ette."  I have
had 2 supervisors named John, and when introduced at
site meetings, people thought we were kidding.

I, too, wanted to change my name when I was in
elementary school -- I wanted to be a Tricia.  Those
days are long gone.

Although my name is Johnette Davies, in the minds and
mouths of most of my elementary thru high school
classmates, I will always be Jeanette Davis.

Sign me - "I grew into it."