From:
Wayne Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:13:50 -0500
    Hello, again. I need your help again. I have a new motherboard (new to
me), a PA-2002, that I just installed in my computer. I have only a 2.5G HD,
a floppy drive, a video card, a keyboard and a mouse connected up. I put in
a WIN 98 startup disk in and chose no CD, got to the A prompt, then tried to
run FDISK. I got the message "No fixed disk present." I tried another HD,
another HD cable, I changed BIOS setup for the HD to the right cylinders,
heads and sectors. I tried the type to AUTO, LBA, Normal and AUTO. None of
this worked. I checked the jumpers on the CPU and found it was set to
100MHz. I have a 90MHz in the motherboard so I changed the jumpers to
reflect that. I also tried to format with a /u and a /mbr. Still nothing. I
am still going through the manual to see if there is anything I missed, but
I would like to know if anybody out there has an idea that I haven't thought
of or mentioned yet. The computer worked fine as a 486 before I changed the
motherboard, so I am assuming that it is motherboard related. I know this is
an old computer, but I want to make it my 3rd computer on my network I am
building. One will have WIN 98, one will have WinNT Server and this one will
have Linux of several flavors. I am going to school on all of these and want
to be able to access all, over my intranet, and also access the net through
my cable modem. Can anybody help? I am off to try more now.

Thanks, Wayne Harris

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org