From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 22:07:07 -0800
Hi,

Microsoft claims this is an issue between AMD cpu's with the cpu id
5,8,C and international versions of *Win98SE*. And they also state you
can contact them for the beta fix. Good luck on that.

I've determined thru trial & error there's almost zero tolerance for
how the BIOS sets the timing latency for SDRAM on processors over
400Mhz. Basic symptoms began with VMM blue screen errors during setup
and then followed by a windows protection error after reboot. If this
sounds like your situation try disabling SPD support in BIOS for SDRAM
configuring. This should show immediate improvement. In my situation
the customer's ram did not support the SPD standard.

maybe it'll help,maybe not
-yui