From:
Jeffrey Ottie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:16:42 -0500
From: "Lynn" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: Compressing C Drive

< Snip >

(The) Orb of Power (aka My Computer) shows 550,469,632 of used space and
301,858,816 of free space.  So now I have to figure out how to free up some
space...where did I put those floppies?

Going to the Gateway site I found it will cost approx. $141 to upgrade the
RAM.

< Snip >

Lynn,

You numbers show that you have about 35 percent free space on your hard
drive, so I don't think you need to reach for your floppy disks just yet
(besides, you'd need a pile of them to free up any significant amount of
space on your hard drive).

Vis-a-vis a RAM upgrade: you needn't purchase additonal memory from Gateway
to get the job done.  In fact, you can purchase it direct from the
manufacturer and usually save a handful of cash in the process.

I suggest visiting Crucial Memory at www.crucial.com to check out your
upgrade options.  Crucial's memory configurator is easy to use and I think
you'll be pleased with what you learn.

Good luck.

Jeffrey Ottie

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: