From:
Mandi Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:21:19 -0600
This is just an off the wall guess... I am not sure if this has anything to
do with your problem, but when you first installed the zip, did you manually
assign E: to be the drive letter for it? If so, you might be able to use the
zip software again and assign the zip some other drive letter (even though
you don't want the zip anymore). The software might somehow still be telling
windows to expect the zip drive on E: causing recognition problems for your
new hard drive and the CD?

HTH,
Mandi

.  This
> drive is assuming the designation "E" which was the zip drive.  I have no
> entries in the config.sys that would be loading some weird driver for this
> drive letter.  I've checked the registry for a NOIDE entry.  There was
none
> present.  The drive works correctly on the primary controller.  As I said
> earlier, CD and zip work correctly on the secondary.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org