Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:25:31 -0800
<<Could also be adrenal exhaustion. People with
chronic
fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia and people under a lot
of physical and emotional stress often find their
senses (particularly smell) getting more acute. They
also are more irritable in general and specifically by
noise.
A diet high in carbs would have a tendency to put
extra
stress on ones adrenals.>>

That is interesting to me as I have had a heightened
sense of smell for a long time now.  Noises tend to
bother me also, and I experienced a ringing in my
ears.  When I worked midnights, I had to have silence
and darkness before I could fall asleep.
Could you go into more detail as to what adrenal
exhaustion is and why it causes this?  Or point me to
some research?  TIA
Jane