From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 04:19:56 -0400
On Tue, 23 May 2000 11:40:28 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> Wow, thats alone 140*2.5 = 350 kcal in form of protein.
>
>It's more.  Protein is about 4 (some sources say 4.5) kcal/gram.
>So I'm getting something like 560 cal/day of protein.

Oh, right...
That's exactely what Stefansson ate in his 1 year "all meat" diet.
In average 550kcal per day from protein only. Stephansson
included additionaly 2100 kcal from fat.
(he couldn't stand protein without nausea and so included that much fat).
That would be hard to manage from wild game.
Its about 600g meat and 220g fat - a 36%fat animal is agricultural
or arctic or a winter sleeper.

Looking at these numbers strongly reminded me of the 500 kcal
mandatory in form of glucose (for the brain and blood cells).
Miracolously the same number again.

>Hmm.. I haven't looked at D'Adamo's book in some time.  Let me
>dust it off and see what he says about nuts for type As...

I don't like the book at all, there so much unplausible theory packaged
with it (you, A are the agriculturist, and me 0 am the hunter...).
I have the book but only look at shapiro's lists.
(Somehow linkable over d'adamo's web page but protected
- I use local copies)

>Peanuts and pumpkin seeds are supposed to be highly beneficial,
>and most other nuts are acceptable.  The "avoid" nuts are
>brazils, cashews, and pistachios.  Of the three, brazils are the
>only ones that I routinely eat.  Ah well, I still don't know what
>to make of his theory.

I take it just as a hint.
Not all nuts are created equal -some may create more problems.
Not all beans are created equal as well -some mey be better as
some other claim (I like peanuts and chickpeas).

Lectin-tests may give some hint.

cheers

Amadeus S.
(Stephansson info under a post from Loren C. in paleodiet
from 7. May 97 "High protein diets, fish and tubers")