From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 23:19:39 -0700
At 08:03 AM 05/23/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Now this is a topic I've been wondering about.  My personal opinion is that
>carbos are really needed postworkout (except for during a fat loss phase).
>I usually eat about 3 small bananas post workout b/c glucose is what fills
>muscle glycogen, not fructose.

        The body will produce the needed sugar from protein so there is no need to
replenish the very meager amount of carbs used in a workout. Really! If you
used say 200 calories in a workout and half were from carbs then that's 25
grams of carbs which is about the amount in 1 banana. Your body will become
efficient with protein it just takes some time. It never will though if
carbs are always available after a workout. I used to think the same thing.

>Now the lion thing is where my quesion comes in.  After the lions dinner
>(gazelle), he's going to be tearing into the meat right after the kill.  So,
>wouldn't the carbs (glycogen) in the muscle tissue of the gazelle count as
>carbs for the lion?  Is the glycogen in the muscle still present when the
>lion eats it - the lion doesn't heat/process meat the same way we do, so
>perhaps this is why we don't get carbos out of meat like the lion would?

        A lion doesn't get carbs from meat. The amount is not worth mentioning.

>Just a thought,
>xx Justin xx

Dave