From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:58:21 -0500
On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:47:01 -0500, gordon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Big amounts of foreign genes are said to promote allergies.
>
>Hmm, have you seen any scientific research to support the idea that the
>large amounts of DNA in yeast could promote allergies? I believe DNA (or
>RNA) is present in every cell of every living thing.

The extreme high gene part of *bakers* yeast and the arguments discouraging
its use come from a book named simply "mmun. Das Ernährungsprogramm zur
Stärkung des Immunsystem" from a Dr.med and a co-author.
This book claims to work on US-science and recommends to try rotational
nutrition and avoiding (bakers-) yeast because of its effects on the imun
system. I don't have it here, but can look at the references in it.

DNA /RNA is in every living cell, true. But the amounts are differing to
a big extent. Cells of complex organisms (like animals) have the
million-fold gene-information compared to a simple bacterium.
Plants are much simpler than animals,
 this is the reason, why certain diseased
people should prefer them and also prefer slower growing cells
(e.g. not skin).

DNA is not a protein or a protein source for humans, since humans can't
reconstruct the nuclein-acids to amino-acids - like cats can.
Humans only excrete it as "purins". This may couse problems.

However *brewers* yeast may be reduced in all this problems,
because it's a simple one-cell organism, and not *fast* growing.

I saw your research about yeast lectins.
I also would like to know more about it.
But i can't imagine which advantages lectins would offer a one cell
organism like yeast. It's not eaten by animals, its strength lies in
replicating.

Yeast inside the human body usually indicates a severe problem
like candida infections. But candida is omnipresent, and also normal
inside the human digestive system.
It lives there, breaking down sugars. Normally the human organism
would do this easily itself - but if it is hindered (by B-Vitamin lack
predominately IMO) then *other* organisms will do it.
Inside the gut - inside the body.
Candida infection. Only a task to be fulfilled inside the body.
In normal cases the gut's normal yeast population may indicate a symbiont
relationship with yeast for humans.

>I think yeast is present in nature on the surfaces of plants but I suppose
>the quantity is too low to justify inclusion in the default paleodiet. I
>would hope the paleo position would also be justifiable in purely
scientific
>terms.

Maybe the gut relationship can indicate us a million year old
adaption to yeast, even if its not found in nature in amounts.

Curious what we'll find out more about yeast
regards
Amadeus S.