From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:41:21 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:
> Does anybody know someone with Multiple Sclerosis who was helped by the
Paleo diet.  Any help would be appreciated.

for MS or Multiple Sclerosis) for information we've discussed in the past.
As a person with "probable MS"  I can vouch that my symptoms have not
worsened, but there is no evidence that the diet was the reason for this.
Even though I feel that eating paleo-style does wonders for my energy and
mental clarity, MS is a come-and-go syndrome for most, and lack of symptoms
may occur spontaneously without any interventions.  There is also the
distinct possibility that eliminating so many foods and food products has the
effect of eliminating allergens that may cause reactions that mimic MS.
Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer for what causes it, what makes
it worse, or what may stop it.  I'd be glad to "talk" to your friend
privately if you think that might help.

Holly