Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:05:55 -0800

>alexs:
><< I say it's logically and physically impossible for
> an infant to be allergic to its own mother's milk.
> Too much depends on the mother's diet: >>
>
>If a mother can be allergic to her own child by virtue of non-nutritional
>reasons, then why  should the above be 'logically and physically impossible'

-One can dwell on pathologies, corner cases and abnormalities
and begin to believe that their existence proves something.
Nature makes mistakes & Darwin corrects most errors in the
long run. Not all things are under human control or understandable,
much less amenable to rationalizing or philosophizing.

-One presumes that "allergic" refers to Rh factors and mother-fetus
immune incompatibilities. Not a good usage of "allergic", which usually
refers to reactions to exogenous substances. Like wheat,
animal milk, legumes and othe non-paleo stuff.

-Notwithstanding such pathologies or contamination of the mother
with true allergens, toxins or bugs, human milk is still the only
food designed through constant adjustment over vast generations
to be ideal for infants. Those who argue otherwise are either
fools with too much spare time, or have a can of Enfamil barely
hidden behind their back.

-Sheesh, getting splinters from that ol' soap box.