From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:53:57 -0500
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 07:39:59 EST, Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In the meanwhile, I am looking for suggestions of lower-fat, easily
>transported items for meals on the run at school and work.  I often leave
>home at 7 am for 12+ hours and find myself caving in to convenience if I'm
>not armed with appropriate food.  I was using Atkins bars, but now am
worried
>about the soy basis of those.  Sometimes I take jerky and dried fruit,
which
>is easy and light and satisfying.
>
>All suggestions gratefully received!

Hi Holly,
my present breakfast:
a couple of almonds,
before that some juice (black currant) with water.
It keeps me well satisfied up to lunch time,
then i take (tons of) salad.
I also had successfully bananas for breakfast.
Or no breakfast - also not bad.

On my desk i have a large bag of sunflowers and flaxseed.
Also very satisfying,
but you can't speak for a while if you're chewing flax *g*...

Travelling I always take with me a little container with almonds
and pumpkin seed. My best working experience yet.

These items are not actually low-fat, but a cardio* doctor may be satisfied.

Btw: i choose to try a low acidifying diet for these 40 days.
Surprisingly almonds, though high protein, are classified as low acid.

Has anybody good references or suggestions for low acid (paleo) foods?
I'm looking for a table, showing the extent of acidifying things.

I found
 http://www.islandnet.com/~emorgan/articles/PH.html
with a table at the bottom.
Some interesting acid- info too.