From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:38:20 +0100
At 00:16 2000-01-29 -0600, Tom wrote:

>am I correct in  understanding that you are saying all forms of sugar
>are the same? That the sugar in bacon or a candy bar is, in effect no
>different from the sugar in a piece of fruit?

Ther are a few different kinds of sugar. They also have different GI.
And all are broken down to glucose in the body.
The difference between fruit and candy bars is what You get *together*
with the sugar. Our bodies are made for dealing with sugar in fruits,
with fiber, vitamins and minerals. That is also a reason to eat the
whole fruit, not just the juice.

- Hans