NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:26:14 -0400
Hi David,

Well I suspect a number of us have done this over time - but the reality
is you have to keep doing it frequently, as the ingredients change
periodically.  (As an example, BK fries were okay for a long time; then
they started using lactose to help spices adhere to them; and now (or at
least last time I checked) they are lactose free again.)

Not only that, but everyone has different levels of sensitivity, and
to different things.  So, your best bet is to check them out periodically
and make note of what is/isn't safe for you.

By the way - the worst of it is, that although the site may say one thing,
the food in a particular restaurant may be different, especially if
the web site indicates that lactose (or other at-issue constituent) has
been recently removed from the food.  Because of the way their inventories
are handled, it may take some time - a month or more - before all the old
"bad" food is gone.

Caveat Eator.

Eric