NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tracy Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:08:10 -0500
From: "Zenzele Bell" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: Tofutti slices online?

> > BTW....is there anyone here besides me that doesn't eat dairy
> > because of health reasons and not because of an allergy?  Just curious.

To the person with the question about "health reasons" versus "allergies", I
apologize if the tone of my message was curt.  I simply meant that, in order
to determine an appropriate response to your question, it would be helpful
if you could better define what you needed.  I then offered a list of
possible options.  There is also some question about what falls into the
category of allergies.  It is much more broad than just sinus, which is what
most people call allergies.  I was just trying to define the question.  As
for me, I don't stopped drinking milk because I developed a severe lactose
intollerance to it.  I wouldn't drink milk now for 'health' reasons,
including allergies, even if I didn't have the lactose problem.  I have not
yet completely switched over, but have been doing extensive research into
vegetarianism.  What I learned is that the health benefits of milk are
minute compared to all the harm it can potentially do.  I would be glad to
provide you with some references if you like that may help. Feel free to
email me privately. ([log in to unmask])