NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tracy Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:37:16 -0500
JMT is a technique that can be classified as an Energy Psychology Therapy.
In a very simplified explanation, it uses accupressure to help return the
bodies energy balance.  The technique is very similar to NAET, but the
purpose and treatment philosophy are very different.

NAET (Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique) tries to address
allergies directly, and has shown some success in doing so.  What I have
learned is this: 1) many practitioners (Pr's) are not following the
protocols orginally established by Dr. Devi, and many are getting varied
results.  2) Recent evaluations have indicated that detoxifying the body
before treatment yeilds much better and more lasting results. but many Pr's
are not doing this and Dr. Devi herself is not recommending this.  3) The
number of treatments can get very extensive for people with a lot of
allergies.  For example; to treat for milk, you may have to treat for
calcium, vitamin D, lactose (and whatever else is in milk) and combinations
of these items.

JMT (Jaffe-Mellor Technique) was actually developed for treatment of
arthritis.  It is based on treating parasites that affect the bodies immune
system and other things.  However, as many people who suffer from severe
allergies are now finding out, much of what we once thought was only an
adverse reaction to a particular allergen could not be further from the
truth.

It seems that a lot of the reactions people are experiencing are actually
due to toxic overload, including that of parasites.  Parasites, viruses,
bacteria, etc. are ever present in our bodies.  However, with the use of
antibiotics and immunizations, and our exposure to all sorts of viruses such
as epstein barr, cytomegla virus, chrons, etc. our bodies get overwhelmed.
Many of these viruses never leave us, they only go "dormant".  So after a
while, our bodies start to react to any variety of different things.  We
develop hayfever, lactose intolerance, eczema, and so on.

It is believed, the reason JMT is helping so many people, not just with
joint related problems, is that it helps the body fight these parasite
problems in some way, and that improves health in all areas.  This makes
more sense to me.  I have been through allergy shots, about every type of
doctor you can think of, and I finally went to a Dr. that has an
occupational and environmental medicine clinic.  They treated me for yeast
overgrowth.  My sinus improved with two weeks.  Something all those years of
medication, sinus surgery, etc. couldn't do.  So, I am a firm believer in
that there is usually an underlying cause for our problems.

Anyway, I will be going to a JMT/NAET Pr on this Wednesday.  I will be glad
to keep you posted on my results (I am also highly lactose intolerant, so I
will see if that improves any).  Also, I would suggest that you sign up for
the NAET-L list where you signed up for the NO-MILK list and do a search for
JMT.  You can also read the archives for the NAET and I think you'll see
what I mean about how complex it can get.