NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:31:00 -0500
It's a well- put together magazine, with a few feature articles each
issue (I don't have it with me, But i remember this past one had an
article on latex allergy, and the originator of 'Cause you're special
foods). They have a review of a Bed and Breakfast  each issue that
caters to celiacs and those with food sensitivities. There's also
product reviews of mixes or prepared foods (mostly the gluten- free
ones, though). Offhand, thinking back, I would guess that about 50%
of the magazine is focused on celiacs, the other 50% on the other
sensitivities (ok, that was scientific!)

Since many celiacs have lactose intolerance, there is a natural trend
towards milk- free items featured. There's also, of course,
advertisements for a wide range of products.
Overall, I think it's a good buy- last month I sent in my 2 yr- renewal.
--
Juliann, Urbana, IL mom to:
5 yr old-John barley intol, allergic to soy, peanuts, nuts, legumes,