NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
engjrntchr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:49:12 -0700
Beth,

Our school has that policy too.  Here it is due to Hepatitis outbreaks.
We have taken things like Tofutti Cuties, safe chips or pretzels, fruit
or veggie trays without dip!!

It is indeed a challenge.  In our school it is traditional for kids to
bring treats on their birthday and to bring snacks to share for the
snack time.  We have a fully stocked box at school for our daughter to
choose a treat for herself when someone else brings in a treat.  that is
easy.  It's the times when she needs to provide for everyone that we
must scramble for unique ideas.

Don't you miss Helen Fernety?  She had great ideas for things like
this!!

Deborah