NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:02:54 -0700
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:24:34 EDT Hilda Nic Chárthaigh <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> My four year old started preschool two weeks ago. He has been tested. I
had
> the doctor's report on it.

We've had my daughter tested (both RAST and skin) and both come up neg.
She definitely reacts to dairy, but mostly gi and eczema.  The doc wrote
"multiple food allergies" on her forms.  She usually has to ask me to
reminder her what they are :-)  I don't think testing is necessary if the
doctor recognizes the intolerance / allergy and it's been shown by
elimination / challenge.

> On 'Meet the Teacher Day', I went in and told the teacher, and
> told the teacher's assisitant. I said I would send in a snack every day
and
> to please just give him that. Fruit juices were OK, as were plain
fruit.

I know our preschool open house day was a madhouse.  The director was
scribbling notes down on a piece of paper stuffed in her pocket.  I would
make some time to sit down one-on-one with the teacher and discuss the
situation.

> Day 2: They gave him chocolate chip cookies! ?????

I have to send my daughter's snack and juice and I get notified ahead of
time for any cooking projects. The teacher's refernce sheet boldly says
"No School Food."

Kathy

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.