NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 08:51:46 -0400
>There are several non-American pizza traditions (including Italian!) which
>make their pizza's completely milk-free.  When we can get them, we buy
>several and put them in the freezer for quick meals at a later date. One of
>these days I'll start making my own ... right...
>--Beth Kevles

We make our own pizza almost exclusively even though a dairy free version
can be bought locally. We use a bread maker to make the dough and it has a
great beer bread recipe for dough.... yummy.....hiccup....

Even my wife likes it because she gets to put on only those toppings which
she likes. Because she is on Weight Watchers, doing without cheese is a
plus. I must say I'm surprised how good a pizza can be without cheese. I
sometimes use a soy cheese but it isn't needed or wanted.

Don M