NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:03:35 -0500
On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Tanya Bumgardner wrote:

> Family is in town and wants to eat out a lot.  I have found salads to be a
> safe meal.  But last night I had Italian dressing and I reacted to it
> unexpectedly (but not seriously).  Same with honey mustard dressing another
> night.  I had understood the 2 dressings were pretty safe but apparently
> not.  Are there any dressings that are generally safe?  I don't want to
> bring my own bottle if I don't have to because the family is still not sure
> how to handle my milk allergy.

I think Italian frequently has cheese in the dressing.  Thousand island is
generally safe AFAIK.

> Also, have any of you found waiters to be very uninformed about food
> preparation?  Many that I have had don't know and don't care.  My requests
> for dishes being prepared with no butter has been ignored several times.

Sometimes even the people doing the cooking/food preparation have no clue.

 Jon Lewis *[log in to unmask]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________