NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tanya Bumgardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:49:32 -0500
Family is in town and wants to eat out a lot.  I have found salads to be a
safe meal.  But last night I had Italian dressing and I reacted to it
unexpectedly (but not seriously).  Same with honey mustard dressing another
night.  I had understood the 2 dressings were pretty safe but apparently
not.  Are there any dressings that are generally safe?  I don't want to
bring my own bottle if I don't have to because the family is still not sure
how to handle my milk allergy.

Also, have any of you found waiters to be very uninformed about food
preparation?  Many that I have had don't know and don't care.  My requests
for dishes being prepared with no butter has been ignored several times.

Thanks,

Tanya