NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sally Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:19:42 EST
There has been so much talk about schools on this list, I just wanted to
share my new experience.  My son was wait listed for the Catholic school
pre-school program.  Early December we go a phone call saying they had space
for him.  We went together to see the classroom, talk to the teachers,
principal, nurse, etc...  Two days later I got a phone call from the teacher
saying that the principal (who is out with back pain) decided that this would
not be a good year for my son to start, and that we will have to see about
next year.  The reason, simply his allergy.  Even though there are three
teachers and a nurse trained in Epi-pen procedure...

My husband and I have been contributing members of this parish for the 6
years of our marraige.  My parents have been active, contributing members for
16 years.  My husband's parents, 37 years!!!  I feel like someone has punched
me in the stomach.

I guess it is time for me to take up my sword and shield and go to battle.
Encouragement and advice are welcome.

--Sally