NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patricia Heidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:01:30 -0500
Manda,

I am 59 and have been milk allergic for about 8 years.  For the first
three years I didn't know the cause of the itchy rash that covered the
upper part of my body.  When I became a vegetarian and started drinking
rice milk the rash disappeared.   Several experiments confirmed that
dairy was the cause.

Recently I broke out in a rash and it took several days to track down the
cause - lactose had been added to the vitamin C I was taking.  It is now
3 1/2 weeks later and the rash has still not completely cleared.

I totally avoid dairy and don't really miss it anymore, with the
exception of butter.   (I would love to put butter on my popcorn again.)
 But now that I am gluten intolerant, going without dairy seems easy!

Pat
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]