C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 06:09:56 EST
Hi Everyone,

     I feel there is a lot of discrimination against disabled people. Look
around you. Some disabled people work, but a lot of disabled people still do
not have a job. There are still disabled kids who are unable to get the
education they deserve. Most public bulidings only have limited access and
some still have no access for people in wheelchairs. After all how can a
person in a wheelchair open the door to a public restroom and keep it open
until they are all the way in. I think all public restrooms should have a
door that opens automaticly. This would be a great help to people who are
wheelchair bound. I don't mean to offend anyone or hurt anyone's feelings.