Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 15:19:50 -0800
Hi, have you checked your device manager for IRQ conflicts ?
You can do this by going to:
   Start/ Settings/ Contol Panel/ System/ Device Manager/
At this point you should see any obvious problems denoted
by a yellow or blue exclamation.
   Take a look at the Mouse category. If it's not already
extended you can do so by clicking the "+" next to it.
Hopefully, you only have one mouse listed.

   You should also check the IRQ list by double-clicking
Computer at the top of the device list. On this list you should
see IRQ's 00 thru 15 .
Do you see which IRQ your modem and mouse are using ?
   They should be independent and not sharing. They're are some
exceptions to the rule but for now make a note of which IRQ's
are being used.

Now you should have enough info to detect obvious IRQ conflicts.
You may need to remove all your  "mice" from the device manager
and allow Windows a chance to load it again.
You can do this for the modem if you have the driver disk, or it's
a modem supported by Windows.

   If you still have a problem you may want to post to the list
what IRQ's your mouse and modem are on. And what Com
ports they're using, as well.

    As a last resort, if your comfortable doing it. You can remove
the modem from the pc and reinstall it after Windows reloads the
mouse.

I wasn't sure of your techno level, which is why the letter's long.
-goodluck
 yui shin