Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 09:09:31 -0700
At 12:06 PM 11/13/1999 , you wrote:
>I've got a little computer here that is driving me nuts.  When I "chilly"
>cold first boot the computer, (after a long period of time, hence "chilly"),
>I will boot the computer and it will freeze just after loading the mouse
>drivers, (confirmed with step-by-step start-up.)  At this point I must
>literally cut power to the machine, (reset and power ATX style switch does
>not work.)  Once I re-introduce power the dang thing works fine no matter
>how many times I boot, shut-down and re-boot.  Any suggestions on how to
>diagnose, or isolate this little quirk?
>
>System is:
>
>Excellent I MB
>300A Celeron (not overclocked)
>128MB PC66
>3.2 Quantum Fireball
>Samsung 32x CD-ROM
>Guillemot Phoenix Video
>SB64 Sound
>No Modem
>Accton NIC Card (ISA)
>
>I have pulled and changed out most of the peripherals without luck.

I read this through twice and missed some important data.  You
mention that the problem originates in the mouse or at least loading
the mouse driver.  I would appreciate knowing  how the mouse is
connected to the motherboard, serial port or PS/2?  What operating
system you are using?  The brand of the mouse and any other particulars
involved.

Have you tried a different mouse?  Have you tried connecting to an alternate
mouse port, ie: serial vs. PS/2 vs. USB?  These issues may have nothing to
do with the problem, but then again we cannot dismiss them without addressing
them first.

Thanks
     Bob Wright

                            The NOSPIN Group