Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 17:37:35 CDT
>Do I sound a little cranky about this?  I am.  I've been doing
>Neanderthin for a little over 3 years now, and I'm pretty strict
>about it.  I don't weigh myself often, because I don't like to
>obsess about the numbers on the scale, but I did weigh myself
>recently.  I discovered that of the 40 pounds I lost (33 of them
>on the Zone before starting Neanderthin), I have regained 20. My
>body fat has gone from 17% (the lowest it got) to 22%.  I am in
>the depressing situation of having to buy "fat clothes" for the
>summer, to replace the stuff that I naively gave away, thinking I
>would never need it again.  My LDL cholesterol remains elevated.
>
>My trajectory is the classic "dieter's syndrome," in fact:
>Initial success with weight loss, followed by a period of stasis,
>followed by a slow return of fat, *without making any overt
>dietary changes*.  There are many theories as to why this occurs,
>but nobody really understands it yet.

I think it's time for one of Justin's crash fat loss plans.  Keep in mind,
this is not a healthy way to lose bodyfat, but it works wonders for me.  So
don't flame away at me with "this is horrible for your health" b/c when I
was using these type of diets, I was far more concerned with being lean than
being healthy.  Everyone has to find a balance between looking fit and
looking healthy.  I prefer the former, but for those that prioritize the
latter, I admire you.

Fat loss mechanisms:
1. NA (noradrenaline) - amphetamines, ephedrine, ritalin
2. thermogenesis (bodyheat) - EC combo
3. thyroid - metabolic throlean or plain ole T3 (which you need a script
for)
4. glucagon - protein
-------------> None of these mechanisms will work if insulin levels are
eleveated.  And although protein causes a small insulin release, the
glucagon to insulin ratio is what matters.  Protein will give you lots of
glucagon and just a little insulin, so cutting out protein in an attempt to
limit insulin would not be beneficial.

I pretty much eat this meal 4-5 times per day when I'm trying to lose more
than 2lbs of fat per week:
1/2 T Flax
1 T Cod Liver Oil
1 can tuna fish cooked in skillet with tomatoe and green peppers

All the flax and cod liver oil are used to keep the acne down while I'm
sweating doing tons of cardio.

For supplements, metabolic throlean and the EC combo (ephedrine, caffeine)
work wonders.  I don't use the C in the EC though b/c it makes me feel wired
and I have anxiety problems.  And if you just use E, you'll get a much
better buzz.

I usually don't like to waste my money on EC and metabolic thyrolean, so now
I'll just keep the calories really low, keep the carbs at very low levels
(mostly just from low-glycemic vegies), and as long as I do 30min cardio ED
my thryoid won't down-regulate.  This works too, and it's cheaper.

Now if a more healthy fat loss plan is desired, I think metabolic thyrolean
is perfectly healthy, but EC certainly is not.  Just keep the calories and
carbs low, and do a little cardio and the bodyfat will come off almost every
time.  If it doesn't, you'll probably want to go to your doc and get your
thyroid checked.  If seen people with low thryoid levels try to lose bodyfat
- it's very hard!!  And make sure you tell your doc that you want your
thyroid levels in the "optimum" range and not just the "normal" range.  I
hate it when people who have slow metabolisms can't get a T3 script outta
their doc, just b/c he thinks their slow metabolisms are healthy.

xx Justin xx