Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 09:41:39 -0400
On Mon, 22 May 2000, matesz wrote:

> Todd Moody said (ro was it Amadeus?  It was hard to tell..)
> >
> >It's interesting (to me, anyway) that despite the fact that
> >almost all commercially available nuts are roasted, which would
> >presumably damage the PUFAs, epidemiological studies still show a
> >strong inverse correlation between nut consumption and heart
> >disease.

It was me.

> It is not true, IMHE, that almost all commercially available nuts are
> roasted.  I frequently see and have purchased plain, shelled walnuts and
> pecans in the produce section of supermarkets.

Of course, and these are used mainly for cooking, which is why
they are in, or near, the produce section.  I wasn't saying that
unroasted nuts are unavailable.  But if you look at the form in
which people tend to buy and eat nuts, they are usually roasted.
But eating roasted nuts, including peanuts, doesn't seem to be
harming them.

Todd Moody