Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:15:07 -0500
7bit
From:
Thank you to those of you responded privately and on the list to my plight
about my girlfriend (Janet is her name) who has a repulsion to meat.

She does feel less repulsion to seafood than to meat or fowl, so as someone
suggested that is going to my first effort. She does not particularly care
for the taste of fish but fish at least evokes fewer memories of bloody
slaughter on the farm.

Not only was she raised on a farm, but the male members of her family were
also avid hunters. As a child she was constantly exposed to scenes which
offended her young girlish sensibilities.

It's interesting that females are probably more prone to suffering this
particular brand of neuroticism than males. I suspect there may be more to
it than cultural conditioning. There may be some genetic basis to it,
assuming we are correct in thinking that males historically handled most of
the H in H/G and assuming the field of evolutionary psychology is valid.

On the subject of evolutionary psychology, I understand a new book was
published recently titled "Born to Rape". The authors present a theory that
rape is a genetic adaptation. According to their controversial theory, it
should be no surprise that rape is a common crime in modern society because
our primitive ancestors were often brutish rapists who were likely to have
fathered many children.

-gts