NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathi Papciak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:45:13 EST
In a message dated 2/21/99 3:41:08 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< He's also got a soy protein allergy along with the milk allergy but can
tolerate soy oil and soy lecithin as most soy allergics can. >>

Wow, does this sound encouraging!  My son loves pop tarts and I took them out
of his diet after finding a soy allergy.  I had heard that most soy allergics
can tollerate soy lecithin  and we just finished challenging that  -- with
parve chocolate chips no less.  (He certainly enjoyed that challenge!)  He did
just fine.

Does this mean your son can have bread made with soybean oil?  It never
occurred to me to challenge this separately.  I've just been avoiding anything
with the word soy in it.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Kathi