CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Sasha Zivkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 17:58:13 -0000
I assume tresy's angle is a sectarian one, so I won't presume to understand
exactly who is being refuted or why.
The attitude expressed in the email seems alien to me on a chomsky inspired
list.

        It is logical to condemn Nato's bloody, futile, vicious and damaging
interventions because they are imperialist.
        I don't think I need to spell this out further.

> Incidentally, I routinely get called a "racist" because I don't dole out
> special moral dispensations to the Serbs for their well-documented crimes,
> and their apparent collective refusal to even admit them; I even got
> labeled
> Tresy "All Niggers are Lazy and Stupid" Kilbourne by the incomparable Tony
> "Brevity is the Soul of Wit" Abdo. I don't recall you springing to my
> defense at this (inept) character assassination. Is it possible that there
> are two standards at work here, one for "principled" opponents of NATO and
> another for me? To ask the question is to answer it.

        It's a natural urge to start forgiving people who are given the rope
to hang themselves.

        Nato decided to force the Serbian government into revenge attacks on
the Kosovars,
        because Belgrade can't attack Washington, but it can attack
Kosovars.

        The bull in a china shop approach adopted by Nato, where you make a
bad situation 50 times worse,
        means that living in Western countries,it would be pointless to
waste too much time on condemning
        the Serbian government.-

        Our interventions don't work.
        Our people enjoy wars.
        Our Media makes money on wars.
        Our war machine is used again and again pointlessly.

        Why waste time either apologising for or condemning the other side?

        It's our side that needs the shake up.