BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

An ICORS List BLIND-DEV is an unmoderated discussion list dedicated to detailed discussion of issues concerning the development of computer products and adaptive equipment for blind and visually impaired computer users. This includes both hardware and software development on any system. Software developers and users with and without disabilities are encouraged to join this unmoderated list, whatever their area of interest, expertise, operating system, or hardware platform. List "lurkers" are also welcome. For more information, please consult the BLIND-DEV HyperArchive, which is located at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/blind-dev.html Note: Although the list's HyperArchive is publicly accessible, one first needs to be subscribed to BLIND-DEV in order to post to the list.
Show Table of Contents

James Weaver
Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:10:01 -0400
First off, thank you for allowing me to join this listserv.

I am writing to ask for your help and expertise. We currently use our
print shop to enlarge texts for our students with low vision.

But demand is increasing. So I am starting to wonder if I should learn
how to do this here in my shop.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:21:38 +0100
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:33:22 +0100
From: "Janina Sajka" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subj: WAI-ARIA Last Call and WAI-ARIA User Agent Implementation Guide FPWD

The Protocols and Formats Working Group announces the *Last Call Working
Draft* of Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.0, and the
*First Public Working Draft* of WAI-ARIA User Agent Implementation Guide.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:45:11 +0000
From: Greg Kearney <[log in to unmask]>
From: Greg Kearney <[log in to unmask]>
To: Technical Developments Discussion List <technical-
[log in to unmask]>, Discussion of Digital Talking Books <dtb-
[log in to unmask]>, Neil Bernstein <[log in to unmask]>, Mary Beth Janes
<[log in to unmask]>, macvoiceover <[log in to unmask]>, Mike
Shebanek <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed, 14 May 2008 07:48:13 -0600
Subject: New Olearia test GUI

Those of you testing or would like to test the GUI of the Macintosh
DAILSY Playback software Olearia. there is a new version to try at the
project's home page

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Mon, 5 May 2008 17:24:28 +0100
From: Judy Brewer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:30:44 -0400
To: Recipient list suppressed: ;
Subject: WCAG 2.0 Candidate Recommendation Ready to Test Drive

Following is an announcement from the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
about the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Candidate
Recommendation. Additional announcements related to this release are also
available:

* W3C Press Release: W3C Invites Developers to Implement WCAG 2.0
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/wcag20cr-pressrelease

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:38:55 +0100
in reference to the recent post on 508, here is some clarification from
bruce bailey, the original poster of this emessage:

From: http://www.access-board.gov/news/teitac-report.htm

On April 3, the Telecommunications and Electronic and Information
Technology Advisory Committee (TEITAC) presented its report
<http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/refresh/report/> to the Access Board
on updating accessibility criteria for information and communication
technologies. The committee's report recommends revisions to the
Board's standards for electronic and information technology covered by
section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. It also addresses updates to
guidelines for telecommunications products issued by the Board under
section 255 of the Telecommunications Act.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:15:49 +0000
From: Alan Chuter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 04-Sep-2007 09:59
Subject: Mobile Accessibility Task Force

I am announcing this group which has now started and might interest you.
It will be working on a document about the accessibility aspects of the
Mobile Web Best Practices.

The scope of the TF is to produce a document containing a mapping between
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG) and the Mobile Web Best
Practices (MWBP). A very preliminary outline draft of the mapping document
is publicly available [1]. The TF is member-only but there is a public
mailing list [2] that you

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 16:59:35 -0400
From: Microsoft <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subj: Microsoft's New Accessibility Model to be Offered as Cross -Platform Solution for Industry
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:39:48 -0700

[More ...]
No Replies
CJ
Fri, 27 May 2005 14:21:30 -0600
Hello,

I have a soem nice Braille displays and an embosser for sale.
PowerBraille 80 for $1875. PowerB raille 40 for only $950, and a
Pacmate 20 cell Braille display for only $950. Also have a Blazer
Braille Embosser for only $750. If you want an Index Basic, I also
have one of those for only $850. Call cj sampson anytime at 801 367
2559 or leave your number and I will call you. Leave a message if need
be. Thank you. cj
No Replies
CJ
Mon, 9 May 2005 15:18:59 -0600
Hello List,

Looking to buy a used Braille Lite Millenium 40. Let me know if you
have one or know someone who does. Thank you, it will really help my
friend in school. Call 801 367 2559 or leave your number and I can
call you. or just email back [log in to unmask], cj sampson
No Replies
CJ
Tue, 3 May 2005 14:43:49 -0600
Hello List, let me know of those who need help getting equipment,

Here are some current items,
**Notetakers**
- Braillenote 32, 32 cells Braille, Braille keyboard (new) $2950, save $3,500.
- Pacmate 20, 20 cells Braille, regular keyboard, $2600, save $1300
- Pacmate TNS, no Braille cells, regular keyboard,(new) $950, save $1000
- Pacmate BNS, no Braille cells, Braille keyboard, (new) $1,150, sve $850.
- Elba 32 , 32 Braill3 Cells, Braille keyboard, (new) $2950 save $3000
- Papemeier Notex 40 with 40 cells Braille , $950 486 computer system
**Electronic Braille Displays**
- PowerBraille 80 Braille display with 80

[More ...]
No Replies
Home Mail
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 15:53:24 -0600
Hello List,

Here are some current items for sale:
**Notetakers**
- Braillenote 32, 32 cells Braille, Braille keyboard $2950, save $3,500.
- Pacmate 20, 20 cells Braille, regular keyboard, $2600, save $1300
- Pacmate TNS, no Braille cells, regular keyboard,(new) $950, save $1000
- Pacmate BNS, no Braille cells, Braille keyboard, (new) $1,150, sve $850.
- Elba 32 , 32 Braill3 Cells, Braille keyboard, (new) $2950 save $3000
- Papemeier Notex 40 with 40 cells Braille , $950 486 computer system
**Electronic Braille Displays**
- PowerBraille 80 Braille display with 80 cells Braille, $1,800 save $8,800
- PowerBraille 40 Braille

[More ...]
No Replies
Randy and Hoss
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:53:26 -0800
Hello, my name is Randy Hayhurst and I am a totally blind specialist in the
field of computer access for people of all disabilities having served as the
Director of a totally accessible computer lab for the last six years.

I am experienced in dozens of hardware and software solutions for people
with physical and mental limitations.

[More ...]
No Replies
Randy and Hoss
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:26:46 -0800
I am trying to figure out why I can't post to this list with the account I
thought I signed up with.

This is the 2nd of 2 messages to test the only accounts I use on lists.

thank you.
No Replies
Catalina Colaci
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:17:34 -0800
Hi,
Have any of you ever tried voice conferencing over the internet -like
SKYPE- along with JAWS ? If so, Are there any specific problems re
compability?

I'll appreciate your help
Thanks

Catalina Colaci
Learning Assistance Centre
Yukon College
Yukon, Canada

No Replies
Home Mail
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:23:44 -0700
Hello list,

Carrie asked for a list of all the items currently available. I have
gathered these items below from people/organizations who need to sell
them which I can sell for less than half price.

Pacmate TNS (brand new) only $950.
Braille Lite Millenium 40 , $1850.
Braille Lite 40 , $680.
BrailleNote 32 (new) only $2800.
Braillenote 18 with Qwerty keyboard for 1800.
Papenmeier Braillex 2D 80 cell Braille Displayiwth vertical display as
well for oly $2,700.
Papenmeier Notex with 40 cell Braille display for $750.
PowerBraille 80 Braille Display for 1850.
PowerBraille 40 Braille display for $950.

[More ...]
No Replies
Home Mail
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:27:05 -0700
I have a good Index Basic Advanced Braille embosser I can sell for
$850. It is a very nice unit. Email me at [log in to unmask], Joe Sam
No Replies
Home Mail
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:52:24 -0700
John, I really like the PowerBraille electronic displays. They are
easy to read and last long. By the way, anyone who needs a
PowerBraille 80 80 cell Braille display that works with any computer
and screen reader (see www.freedomscientific.com for $10,000), I know
of a good one you can have for only $3500. Email Joe Sam at

No Replies
Neil T. Young
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:14:01 -0600
Hello All,

Please excuse the cross listing, and the off-subject matter. I've recently
subscribed to various listservs to gain a better understanding of the
challenges one faces and the opportunities that are available from an
Information Technology (IT) perspective. As I learn of other listservs (I
will subscribed as needed.)

For years I've been an Application Developer (Senior Computer
analyst/Programmer). Over that time, computers have changed, applications
have changed... Here at UWM, we have moved from IBM mainframe applications
to running Peoplesoft. As a developer, the developer portion of
Peoplesoft is not accessible. As a result, my productivity has decreased

[More ...]
No Replies
TLI
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 06:37:44 -0800
Announcing the lowest cost way to purchase accessible
mobile phone solutions on the Internet.

(Please do not respond to this e-mail, if you have any
questions either go to the web site mentioned below or
write to [log in to unmask])

Technologies for Lifelong Independence (TLI) is a
brand-new online catalog dedicated to selling the
highest quality accessible mobile phone solutions at
the best prices anywhere.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:41:04 +1000
Hi.
has any one used the following drawing and design products for designing data flow diagrams (dfd), entity related diagrams (erd), etc.

1. microsoft visio 2000, 2002, 2003.
2. Poseidon For Uml By Gentle Ware.
3. Ascent by Knowledge Works.
if any one has used any of these products using jaws, give me feedback on the accessability of creating diagrams with these products.
No Replies
<>
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:00:58 +0200
is that your name?
No Replies
marvin hunkin
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:58:48 +1000
Hi.
went to the berkeley web site at http://www.berkeley.edu and search for
icd2, the interactive drawing program which works with screen readers.
heshem camille was doing this project for his phd.
you can watch a demo video of how it works.
now my question is:
do you know where he is, and where can i contact him?
so then i can ask when he will make it commercial for me to purchase?
as i have to design dfd and erd diagrams in uml, visio or assent.
if any one knows where he has move to, please e-mail me off list.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:15:02 +1000
Here is some info some one asked about accessable database design.
and they were writing jaws scripts for access 2000.
well here is some info for that person.
and to improve ms office 2000 accessability as well.
cheers marvin.

HI.

I AM USING MS ACCESS 2000.

COULD SOME ONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOLUTIONS ON HOW TO SCRIPT THE MS ACCESS
SCRIPTS TO DO THE FOLLOWING TASKS:

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Claire Williams
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:08:19 -0500
Hi everyone
Im looking for any tips as to make my MS access DB more accessible.
Particlularly wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for letting my users
know the name of the form they are using, I am trying to write a JAWS
script to do it, (Speak Window Title?) but I dont know how to do this for
Window-Eyes or HAL, I dont even know if its a problem for these other
readers. Any advice much appreciated
TIA
Claire
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:56:56 +1000
Hi.
has any one seen on the web or heard about if there are any accessable
drawing programs to work with jaws.
say for example, my sighted student friends use microsoft visio and assent.
if any one knows of if there are any accessable drawing packages being
developed, then e-mail me off list and let me know.
i know hesham camille was developing something along those lines at the uni
of california at berkeley.
but do not know if he has released his final version of his phd project,
called icd2.
cheers marvin.
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:52:44 +1000
Hi.
could any one give me info on whether these programming tools work with jaws.
if so, what configurations do i need to make sure jaws works with the following?

Visual studio, Borland C, VB dot net, Rational Rose, P H P and SQL Server
please let me know.
e-mail me off list.
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:24:46 -0500
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:24:46

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
Show Replies 8 Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:17:06 -0500
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:17:06

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:28:17 -0500
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:28:17

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:20:02 -0500
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:20:02

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:17:46 -0500
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:17:46

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 05:56:31 -0500
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 05:56:31

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 05:15:18 -0500
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 05:15:18

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:44:23 -0500
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:44:23

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:59:34 +0200
kill the writer of this document!
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:56:47 -0500
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:56:47

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
LISTSERV
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:09:16 -0500
$25 cred1ted to your acc0unt when you s1gn up.
No dep0s1t req'd
http://ace.c.asino.network74.net

Giovanni
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:28:11 -0500
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:28:11

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Homer
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:15:22 +0200
They're giving away $25 to new accounts
No deposit requirement
http://25.dollar.secret.network74.net

Genaro
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 03:35:32 -0500
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 03:35:32

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:41:07 -0500
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:41:07

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:23:23 -0500
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:23:23

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:21:52 -0500
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:21:52

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:30:59 -0500
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:30:59

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:47:05 -0500
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:47:05

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 05:03:24 -0500
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 05:03:24

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 01:10:12 -0500
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 01:10:12

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:50:33 -0500
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:50:33

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 05:02:55 -0500
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 05:02:55

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 03:16:45 -0500
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 03:16:45

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:37:25 -0500
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:37:25

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:21:06 -0500
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:21:06

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:09:12 -0500
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:09:12

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 03:42:10 -0500
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 03:42:10

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:34:18 -0500
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:34:18

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:33:38 -0500
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:33:38

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 05:53:17 -0500
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 05:53:17

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:09:02 -0500
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:09:02

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded
to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLINDFAM list). If you
wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can
ignore the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a
command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 06:09:11 -0500
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 06:09:11

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 02:06:03 -0500
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 02:06:03

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 02:16:29 -0500
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 02:16:29

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 04:53:02 -0500
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 04:53:02

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 01:05:44 -0500
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 01:05:44

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:35:11 -0500
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:35:11

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the ARTHRITIS
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 04:10:01 -0500
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 04:10:01

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:44:52 -0500
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:44:52

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:16:30 -0500
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:16:30

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:41:24 -0500
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:41:24

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:48:28 +1000
Hi.
here is a web address to the t dub adaptive project by a professor in the
netherlands.
i have the evaluation cd.
it reads all diagrams and gives text feedback.
tells you where nodes, connections, are.
it is a trial version at the moment.
he is funded by the european union from october 2001 to october 2004, then
the funding runs out.
then he will release the final version in the market place.
here is the url:

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:47:29 -0500
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:47:29

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 05:47:44 -0500
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 05:47:44

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:46:40 -0500
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:46:40

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:18:05 -0500
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:18:05

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:31:54 -0500
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:31:54

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:17:20 -0500
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:17:20

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 01:14:15 -0500
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 01:14:15

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:36:17 -0500
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:36:17

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
LISTSERV
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:06:35 +0300
Here is a casino giving away $25 Free when you sign up an account.
No credit card required
http://secret.cls2.org/iwin.html

Bret
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:56:06 -0500
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:56:06

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded
to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLINDJOB list). If you
wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can
ignore the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a
command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:58:48 -0500
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:58:48

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
LISTSERV
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:35:26 -0500
Here is a casino giving away $25 Free when you sign up an account.
No credit card required
http://casino.cls2.org/iwin.html

James
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:27:29 -0400
I've just published an unique open source project on sourceforge
which allows to feel pictures.
Would you please forward this information to your list members?

Thank you very much
Klaus Rieger
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 26 May 2004 03:15:23 -0500
Wed, 26 May 2004 03:15:23

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sun, 23 May 2004 03:14:33 -0500
Sun, 23 May 2004 03:14:33

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sat, 22 May 2004 10:41:53 -0500
Sat, 22 May 2004 10:41:53

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sat, 22 May 2004 03:10:15 -0500
Sat, 22 May 2004 03:10:15

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 21 May 2004 02:58:06 -0500
Fri, 21 May 2004 02:58:06

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Fri, 21 May 2004 11:19:59 +1000
Hi.
i am using java creator 3.0 to write, compile and edit my java programs.
now when i run the class file, it just flashes, and does not stay on screen, so my question is:
How do i get my class to stay on screen?
any hints, and code snippets from you java gurus would be gratefully appreciated.
No Replies
L. Penny Rosenblum
Wed, 19 May 2004 14:10:27 -0700
Hi Folks,

I'm new to your listserv. I wanted to first introduce myself and
then tell you about a very exciting project that will interest you if you
are visually impaired or work with people who are visually impaired. I'm a
low vision person myself who prepares teachers of visually impaired
children at the University of Arizona. About 2 years ago I met a man named
Steve Landau who owns Touch Graphics Company. Touch Graphics has begun
work on a sophisticated Authoring Tool that will allow teachers of blind
and visually impaired students to create their own talking tactile pictures

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 19 May 2004 05:24:35 -0500
Wed, 19 May 2004 05:24:35

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 18 May 2004 18:56:42 -0500
Tue, 18 May 2004 18:56:42

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded to
the "list owners" (the people who manage the HANDS list). If you wanted
to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can ignore
the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a command for
the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Tue, 18 May 2004 12:02:33 EDT
I'm not sending messages to Listserv, why do I keep getting messages from it?
Is there a problem of people doiong this on the list and the messages are
sent to all Blind-Dev listservmembers?
Please let meknow what is happening.
Dan Flasar
Show Replies 3 Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 18 May 2004 07:43:20 -0500
Tue, 18 May 2004 07:43:20

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 18 May 2004 05:02:53 -0500
Tue, 18 May 2004 05:02:53

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 17 May 2004 03:30:09 -0500
Mon, 17 May 2004 03:30:08

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 17 May 2004 00:35:32 -0500
Mon, 17 May 2004 00:35:32

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sun, 16 May 2004 13:04:57 -0500
Sun, 16 May 2004 13:04:56

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sun, 16 May 2004 07:37:53 -0500
Your message to RPlist-request has been received and forwarded to the
list maintainers. This is an automated reply with answers to some
frequent questions. If your question is not answered below, please
wait for a personal reply from one of the maintainers.

You will also find information about RPlist on our Web site at
<http://www.dixonvision.com/rplist>.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sat, 15 May 2004 03:18:17 -0500
Sat, 15 May 2004 03:18:17

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 14 May 2004 11:16:56 -0500
Fri, 14 May 2004 11:16:56

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 14 May 2004 06:55:22 -0500
Fri, 14 May 2004 06:55:22

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 13 May 2004 11:40:42 -0500
Thu, 13 May 2004 11:40:42

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 12 May 2004 04:17:12 -0500
Wed, 12 May 2004 04:17:12

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded
to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLINDJOB list). If you
wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can
ignore the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a
command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Keith Kube
Wed, 12 May 2004 18:18:15 +1000
SIGNOFF BLINDJOB

Alphawest Disclaimer

If this communication is not intended for you and you are not an authorised
recipient of this email you are prohibited by law from dealing with or
relying on the email or any file attachments. This prohibition includes
reading, printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, storing or in
any other way dealing or acting in reliance on the information.
If you have received this email in error, we request you contact Alphawest
immediately by returning the email to [log in to unmask] and
destroy the original. This email is confidential and may contain privileged
client information. Alphawest has taken reasonable steps

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Tue, 11 May 2004 14:46:53 +1000
Hi.
could anyone please help me.
i am stuck at this moment.
doing my c programming assignment.
things are not working properly.
am i just a dummy?
please look at my code.
i will post it below.
i do not want people to do the assignment, just give me pointers on how to
fix the problems i have with my code.
any gentle pointers in the right direction to get my program working.
please send any solutions, or hints to me.
as soon as possible.
cheers Marvin.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 10 May 2004 21:19:16 -0500
Mon, 10 May 2004 21:19:16

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 10 May 2004 20:08:24 -0500
Mon, 10 May 2004 20:08:24

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 10 May 2004 20:08:23 -0500
Mon, 10 May 2004 20:08:23

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded
to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLINDFAM list). If you
wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can
ignore the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a
command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 10 May 2004 02:14:56 -0500
Mon, 10 May 2004 02:14:56

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Mon, 10 May 2004 12:21:02 +1000
Hi.
i am using java software developers kit 1.4.2.04 and the java access bridge 1.1.
i notice that some of my example gui applications i have created, do not speak out edit boxes, checkboxes, buttons, etc.
it just says say for example simple calculator.
why is this happening?
what do i do to make it read the gui interface for java?
I am using java creator, and set my class files to c:\jdsk1.4.2.04\bin\java.exe.
did i set it to the wrong application type?
if so, give me ways on how to get the gui applications to read correct in jaws 5.0.844.
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 4 May 2004 04:02:16 -0500
Tue, 4 May 2004 04:02:16

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 3 May 2004 22:24:12 -0500
CFS-NEWS: This is an automated notice. Your message has been forwarded to
the publisher of the CFS-NEWS Electronic Newsletter. Please be aware that I
am not able to respond immediately to all messages. For general information
about the CFS-NEWS Electronic Newsletter, go to
http://www.cfs-news.org/cfs-news.htm or create an e-mail message which says
INFO CFS-NEWS and send to [log in to unmask]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 3 May 2004 02:32:30 -0500
Mon, 3 May 2004 02:32:30

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the BLIND-DEV
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Sat, 1 May 2004 14:08:56 -0500
Your message dated Sat, 1 May 2004 11:08:38 -0700 with subject "Re: Thank
you for delivery" has been submitted to the moderator of the CFS-FILE list:
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:13:34 -0500
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:13:34

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded
to the "list owners" (the people who manage the TRAVABLE list). If you
wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can
ignore the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a
command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:51:52 +1000
Hi.
can any one help?
my code is having problems.
my second message in my code does not appear on screen.
also when i hit n to exit the loop.
it does not exit the program automatically.
please help me if you can.
i will post the code below.
please send today if possible.
i need to hand it up to my teacher today.
cheers Marvin.

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:01:26 -0700
EASI Provides 3 Online Courses Starting May 3

because much of the work of designing Web pages and providing distance
learning is done by people who are not advanced Web masters, EASI
interactive, online courses specialize in taking the jargon out of the
technical requirements for creating accessible Web pages and providing
accessible e-learning. Each course is month-long and led by instructors
with experience using adaptive technologies and with experience in online
teaching. EASI courses have reached thousands of people in some 40
countries. Course material is on the Web meaning each student can work at
his or her own

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:43:07 +1000
Hi.
can anyone help me.
i will post the code below.
my two functions where there are while loops is:
void Tanker::PromptLiquid() and void Tanker::Promptsize() functions
my while loops do seem not to work well at all.
when i compile my code in c builder, after i hit the letter n, jaws stutters speech, and does not read correctly using route jaws to pc key.
if any one can help me, then please reply with any suggestions, tips or tricks.
almost finished my assignment.
cheers Marvin.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:37:15 +1000
Hi.
if any one read my last post about how to get into the properties of the toolbars next to the desktop and how i can edit the button, to something more meaningful.
then please e-mail me off list.
i need to change from short cut to msinm.exe to Microsoft OutLook.
please send today.
Cheers marvin.
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:31:35 +1000
Hi.
can any one help?
i will post the code and the assignment specs below.
my code does not produce the correct output.
please take a look at the code and the assignment specs.
then e-mail me off list with any suggestions, on how to improve my program.
Cheers Marvin.

/*
* Program: C++ Session 21 Exercise
* File Name: Paddock.cpp
* Creator: Marvin Hunkin
*Date Created: Friday March 19 2004 3:35 pm
* Version: 1.00
*/

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:12:50 -0500
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:12:50

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded
to the "list owners" (the people who manage the DISABLED list). If you
wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can
ignore the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a
command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:54:46 -0500
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:54:46

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded
to the "list owners" (the people who manage the MIDI-MAG list). If you
wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can
ignore the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a
command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:36:10 -0700
We all know that Section 508 relates to making Web sites accessible, but
it is more general than the Web in its concerns for access to electronic
information. EASI has invited Doug Wakefield from the Access Board to talk
about this "other side" of Section 508. Even where the Web provisions of
508 may not apply to some organizations, many groups have been taking 508
concepts to guide them in making accessible Web pages. The other
provisions of 508 should also be of interest in providing such groups with
comprehensive access to electronic information beyond that of access to the

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:24:44 +1000
Hi.
in my code i have declared a class and a constructor to pass variables.
i get the following errors in c builder:
lines 62 to 65:
structure on left side or *
what does this error mean??
any help?
it is the class:
class Tanker
{
float r;
float l;
float f;
float radius;
float length;
float fertaliserlevel;
float size;
float pi.
float height;
float depth;
float water;
float fertaliser;
float width;
float hectre;
float area;
..
};
//close Tanker class

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Prof Norm Coombs
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:20:04 -0700
I should have done Peter Korn a favor and have apologized that the webcast
requires Windows or virtual Windows to access the event. Peter has nothing
to do with this shortcoming. It is entirely the fault of the system EASI
uses for its Web conferences. It is our fault and not Peter's.

In spite of our not being able to accommodate users of the applications I
have invited Peter to discuss, I felt the topic is important enough to
cover it rather than to ignore the topic.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:14:59 -0500
Your message dated Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:11:22 -0400 with subject "Re: Your
letter" has been submitted to the moderator of the OZMAD list:
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 16:36:06 -0800
You will want to join the Web conference Thursday, April 8 at 1 PM Eastern!

Unix/Linux and Mac operating systems are providing more accessibility tools
for users with disabilities. Mac has beta software under development while
Sun Microsystems has an open system screen reader and more now on the market.

Even if you do not use Linux, you may know students with disabilities who
need to use it. You may also be looking for less expensive accessibility
technology. Peter Korn from Sun Microsoft systems will describe Sun's
assistive technology applications; how it works; its present state; and
future plans. Several

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:30:10 +1000
Hi.
i will post the code and the error message below.
still confused about constructors.
please help me out.
i am getting confused, frustrated, and really fed up.
why it is not working.
Am i just a dummy?
please give me exact code examples.
how to fix this problem.
Cheers Marvin.

/*
* Program: C++ Session 21 Exercise
* File Name: Paddock.cpp
* Creator: Marvin Hunkin
*Date Created: Friday March 19 2004 3:35 pm
* Version: 1.00
*/

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvin Hunkin
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:29:08 +1000
Hi.
if anyone has this version of the java sdk 1.4.02, could people please e-mail me off list.
No Replies
Tom Younkerman
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:03:42 -0700
Request for Proposals

Accessing Higher Ground

Assistive Technology and Accessible Media In Higher Education
November 9-12, 2004

University of Colorado, Boulder

Keynote Speaker: Kathy Martinez
Deputy Director - World Institute on Disabilities

The University of Colorado at Boulder invites speaker proposals for its 7th
annual Accessing Higher Ground Conference. The conference will take place
on the Boulder campus. The conference focuses on the implementation and
benefits of Assistive Technology in the university and college setting.
Other topic areas include legal and policy issues, including ADA and 508
compliance, and making campus media and information resources, including
Web pages and library

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:07:07 -0800
Three Live Interactive, Web Conferences by EASI in April

Saturday, April 3 1 PM Eastern, Clinic: Adaptive Technologies for Learning
and Work Environments
Presenter Joseph Lazzaro who is the author of this book and instructor for
EASI Train the Trainer

April 8 1 PM Eastern, Clinic "linux and Sun Accessibility Tools (Screen
reader and more)
Presenter: Peter Korn from Sun Microsystems

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:50:58 -0500
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:50:58

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been
forwarded to the "list owners" (the people who manage the OZADVOCACY
list). If you wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct
procedure and you can ignore the remainder of this message. If you were
trying to send a command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:22:10 -0500
the following has been forwarded to the list at the request of the sender,
who is not subscribed to BLIND-DEV -- please address any follow-ups
directly to the original poster, [log in to unmask] -- thank you.

From: Phil Pownall <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all!

I am looking for information concerning Law School exam software and
compatibility with screen readers. UNLV has a great NEW Law School and
we
are working through all the bugs as they come. One of our NEWEST
problems
is finding exam software, which is compatible with screen readers. If
anyone has some suggestions, let me know!

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:34:56 -0700
EASI Free Interactive, Synchronous, Voice Web Conference Clinics

Besides EASI's paid membership Web Clinics, EASI will sponsor a monthly
free synchronous clinic open to anyone and everyone.

Announcing an exciting new venture using Web-based, interactive, voice
conferencing to provide hands-on know-how skills to make online
instructional content more accessible for learners with disabilities. EASI,
(Equal Access to Software and Information), has long taught month-long
online courses, but, now, for those needing short clinics on specific
skills EASI is launching two monthly series of synchronous 60-90-minute
events which will combine an online presentation with the speaker
explaining step-by-step procedures while displaying

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:25:34 -0700
Three EASI Courses Starting October 6:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm

Now is the time to register for October courses. The academic year is now
settled to a routine, take a course before the holiday season confuses
your lives.

Beginner Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb.htm
This course is for people who design Web pages or oversee someone who does
and who needs to know how to make pages accessible in line with Section 508
and/or the Web Accessibility Initiative's guidelines. We work hard to make
accessibility simple. For those who know little HTML or who design using
an authoring tool that does the code for

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:22:25 -0700
Adaptive computer technology is widely understood to be useful for many of
the more visible disabilities. Many people do not recognize its usefulness
for people with learning disabilities. In fact, often members of this
population, themselves, are fearful of technology and resist trying it.

However, more and more specialists recognize that both mainstream computer
technology as well as some adaptive computer technology originally designed
for other disability groups can also be beneficial for people with many
kinds of learning disabilities.

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:12:01 -0700
EASI's online course, Train the Trainer has just been revised and improved:
http://easi.cc/workshops/train.htm

Two new lessons have been added:
Lesson 7 is on learning disabilities and a practical guide to software that
helps these students compete in school and later in life.

Lesson 8 is a guide to report writing. Actually putting down an analysis
of a client and recommending adaptive technology support is important.
Writing a report for an institution recommending what technology it has and
what it needs to serve this population is also basic. This chapter
includes a writing assignment to provide experience in report writing.

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:47:16 -0700
The link below will take you to a multimedia presentation about EASI's
Beginner Barrier-free Web Design course. Be sure your speakers are turned
to let you hear the narration.

** Note the next course begins on October 6.

If your computer does not have speakers, you can see the course syllabus
and register at http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb..htm

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:29:47 -0700
EASI Webcast (recorded from the 2002 Accessing Higher Ground Conference)
Dr. Mary Ann Keatley's presentation: Computer-Assisted Training and
Cognitive Rehabilitation in Traumatic Brain Injuries
http://www.rit.edu/~easi

Discussions of assistive and/or adaptive technologies frequently overlook
cognitive disabilities in their discussions of the importance of
technology. Because these disabilities are frequently the result of
accidents, they are more common than we realize. This presentation is an
attempt to rectify the problem.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:47:56 -0400
FORWARDED EMESSAGE
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:36:13 +0400
>
>Dear Sirs,
>
>We are glad to suggest to your attention the news of the project carried
>out by the Russian Foundation VERESK , devoted to the artificial vision
>device for the blind <http://www.tactilevision.ru/>www.tactilevision.ru.
>The Device, created by the scientific group of VERESK Foundation called
>Tactile Substitution for Human Vision allows a blind individual to see
>without surgery or implants.
>
>Let us represent you the results of recent tests, took place in the summer
>of 2003. Generally the tests proved to be true the idea, that an

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:32:38 -0700
Three EASI month-long online courses starting October 6:

Beginner Barrier-free Web Design
Train the Trainer
Learning Disabilities and Information Technology

Each course can earn 3 continuing education units and
a package of five courses will earn the Certificate in Accessible
Information Technology:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm

Beginner Barrier-free Web Design: http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb.htm
This course will teach the basic principles of designing accessible Web
pages and does this in non-technical language focused on designers who know
little HTML code and rely on authoring tools to help them. If you have to
create Web pages but do not care to become an HTML expert, this is

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:01:37 -0700
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Press Contact Dr. Norman Coombs

Phone 949-855-4852

EASI believes faculty want to create accessible course content but need
help to do it without having to learn new technologies. There will be a
follow-up announcement later in the fall pointing to some examples of how
the course can provide tips and tools to enable faculty to achieve their
educational goals better and easier.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gregory J. Rosmaita
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:54:19 -0400
listowner's comment -- since this list exists, in main, to foster the
growth of adaptive technology through collaborative effort and dialog,
keeping each other apprised of what each of us is doing is also a function
of the list, so, if you wish to broadcast news of specialized software,
please do as paul did, and send your potential post to the listowners,
using the following eddress: [log in to unmask] --
specific comments on the product should, of course, be addressed to paul,
but questions about the program qua program are fair fodder for BLIND-DEV

[More ...]
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:51:33 -0700
http://www.rit.edu/~easi

This is the second of EASI's look at accessible information technology in
countries around the world. Last spring, we interviewed a group of
Austrialians. Now we talk with 2 people in Sweden.

Dr. Larry Scadden, recently retired from the National Science Foundation is
the guest host and discusses access to information technology in Swedish
universities and libraries. His guests are Peter Anderberg, a Doctoral
student at CERTEC, a division of the Department of Design Sciences at the
Lund Institute of Technology and Katarina Schenker, doctoral student in
education at Malmo University.

[More ...]
No Replies
L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:02:11 -0500
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:02:11

Your message to [log in to unmask] has been forwarded
to the "list owners" (the people who manage the LOWVIS list). If you
wanted to reach a human being, you used the correct procedure and you can
ignore the remainder of this message. If you were trying to send a
command for the computer to execute, please read on.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Prof Norm Coombs
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:42:06 -0700
You can enhance your web site with more advanced features without
sacrificing accessibility and without having to turn into a technical guru!

Advanced Barrier-free Web Design taught online Sept. 2 to Sept. 26:
http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm

Advanced Barrier-free Web Design has been created by EASI for people
designing web pages, who want to keep their pages accessible while using
more advanced web features, and who want to do this without their having
to become a full-fledged techie. As usual, EASI courses minimize needless
technical jargon. Advanced web features will be shown in two ways. One way
will present the necessary HTML code

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:32:07 EDT
Actually,
I"d like to know if there is a message board, newsgroup, etc. for blind and
visually impaired folks who create, manage and maintain web sites - what are
the best tools to use to ceate a website, do you work with HTML, Java, etc?
I'd appreciate hearing from anybody who does this, even rank beginners.
Thanks
Dan Flasar
Washington U School of Medicine
St. Louis , MO

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
<>
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:34:39 EDT
Pulse Data is selling a product called Pocket Viewer. Does any body have any
experience with it.
Doug
No Replies
Prof Norm Coombs
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:20:19 -0700
EASI's online courses are all interactive with e-mail discussions with
classmates and personal exchanges with course instructors. EASI courses
strive to remove the jargon from accessible information technology. EASI
instructors all have personal experience with adaptive computer technology
and have years of online teachig experience. Individual courses provide
both a EASI certificate of completion and, if requested, 3 continuing
education units. Participants who take 5 of EASI's 8 courses will earn the
Certificate on accessible Information Technology given in partnership with
the University of Southern Maine. Course syllabi and online registration
can be found from http://easi.cc/workshop.htm

[More ...]
No Replies
Shirley Sexton
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:54:53 -0500
Hello,

I work at Easter Seals national headquarters. Easter Seals is a nonprofit that provides services to over a million people with disabilities and their families annually. I'm responsible for ensuring that our virtual workplace is as accessible as our physical one, and am building a case for funding to make the administrative tools of our Web site management system more accessible, so that we can hire more people with disabilities to manage some of our over 100 Web sites. I'd like to connect with Webmasters who are blind and/or visually impaired and working for a nonprofit, so that I

[More ...]
No Replies
Deon Toerien
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:14:13 +0200
Hi,

I have an open source sreen reader project (in it's infant stages), that I'd
like to expose to the group. My reason for developing this is that in South
Africa (where I'm located) screen readers cost about $2500 - $2800, which
amounts to up to R20 000. A lot for a sole bread-winner. I then started to
develop this screen reader for my sight disabled wife, and decided that it's
time to force the "big guns" to bring down their prices by given a cheap
(free) alternative, that doesn't necessarily work as well, but is enough to
get by.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies