Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:30:57 +0100
From: sig <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: ADVICE ON HOW TO REMOVE "Happy99" -- ALERT!!!

I have to notify all of you of the following sad fact:

The following recipients have been affected by the virus following
"Happy99":

To remove the virus, or rather the "worm" persue the following sequence
of steps (or ask someone knowledgeable person to do it):

1. Delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SKA.EXE

2. Delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SKA.DLL

3. Delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WSOCK32.DLL

4. Find C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WSOCK32.SKA and give it the following name:
        C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WSOCK32.DLL

5. Search Happy99 and remove it totally from the disc/storage
memory/system.

6. If you'd like to know who the virus came from and to whom it has been
spread since in order to forward this alert, please do as I did:

   Find the archive LISTE.SKA and change the name to LISTE.TXT.
   Then open LISTE.TXT in Notepad and copy off or print out the
adresses.
   Forward this message to them!
   Delete LISTE.TXT. !

This virus/worm may give external exess to your computer. Never open
Happy99!!
Help stop it!

There exist "sharewares" that detect the BO. Acquire it at for instance
http://www.download.com and execute one or more of the following:

     Antigen 1.0, at Fresh Software
     Toilet Paper
     BoDetect, by Chris Benson

I'm sorry for the delay but I had to be sure my own system was cleared
first.
Go ahead and do the same. After you've done those steps above, if you
wish to
communicate again with me, write on the subject line "Happy99 CLEARED".
Until then
I will be careful to open unsolicited mail from YOU. Hope you all
respect this.

Warm greetings to all in Kyrgyzstan from a chilly south Sweden!

Sigmund J Lofstedt M.D.