From: "Stephanie Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: "Majordomo List Server" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "micasa-list" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Michigan off Olmstead
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:24:45 -0500

Another one bites the dust...

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Heinzman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 1999 3:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Michigan off Olmstead

Yo;

Received confirmation from our State Solicitor General, Thomas Casey,
that Michigan e-mailed Florida and declined to sign the amicus brief on
Olmstead. Couldn't get any sort of answer as to why. Those of us who
contacted the Attorney General's office will receive a letter stating
the State is off the amicus.

It looks as though we may have joggled someone's senses. I do know that
the decision not to sign the brief was made after the AG met with the
Dept. of Community Health and the Governor's office. This tidbit was
supplied by the attorney who heads the mental health division within the
AG's office.

-Scott

NATIONAL ADAPT MAILING LIST - Adapt MiCASA List of Adapt Organizers.