I started using this model in 3/1996, and had an
odd repeatable problem with CERTAIN CDs (Data and Audio).
I had my vendor replace the drive with the same model
and it worked MUCH better.
I have found this model to be sensitive to dust on the CD.
One or two specks will knock mine out... Sometimes...
     Rick

Michael Gerke wrote:
>Recently I have found that when I attempt to read from certain
>CD-ROM's I get a message
>that tells me : (G:\ Is not accessible.  The device is not ready.)

snip