Just to let you all know, I found 4MB 9chip 60ns SIMMs at Fry's in Burbank.
I didn't do any price shopping as I want to get it done. $18 for 1yr.
warranty. So far they seem to work fine even though I had to change a memory
caching setting to 32MB in the bios. Other than that, so far so good. I
don't know if there is more to change in the AMI BIOS ver 2.3 1992. Thanks
to all.
Brad Loomis
Morro Bay, CA

At 09:45 AM 6/9/98 +0000, you wrote:
>>  I have seen 16MB 30-pin SIMMs
>> advertised sometimes but there are no 8MB 30-pin SIMMs.  This is because
of
>> the requirement for installing memory in sets of four SIMMs.
>>
>  The standard for 30-pin SIMMs asigns A0-A10, that is 11 bits, which can
turn
>into 22 bits because of address multiplexing. So the limit for a 30-pin
SIMM
>was 4MBytes (of course, always speaking of standard components).

I always wondered about the 16MB 30-pin SIMMs ... I've seen them
advertised, but never actually heard of anyone using them.  I often
wondered if the ads were a mistake or if they really did exist and if they
existed what kind of chips they used.  Anyone know anything about them ...
just for the sake of trivial knowledge?