LINUX with LILO for dual boot works for me. Use it as the default OS on my
aging Pentium laptop. Have WIN95 on there as an option in case I absolutely
have to do something Microsofty. Fine for WEB work, you could even put an
Apache Web server on it.

LINUX/LILO has the advantage of being free. I use the Redhat distribution.
There is plenty of software available. There is even a WIN95 interface
clone which came with my distribution.

Paul

At 09:45 AM 6/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>I'm looking for a Non-microsoft operating system, for a lower end,
>pentium desktop.  I'm very interested in  getting away from microsoft
>os, does anyone have experience or recomendations for Non-microsoft
>operating systems, either as a single install, or as a dual-boot system,
>using system commander?
>Are there other recomdations besides system commander?
>This will be for small business, webpage building, and internet use.
>
>Thank you,
>Bob Hamil

Paul Walker                        [log in to unmask]