Sandy Stone wrote:

> You mentioned using applesauce in place of butter or milk.  I am allergic to
> milk and also cannot have sugar and was told to use applesauce instead.  What
> are the substitution ratios??

Hello

You can also make prune puree.  It uses 1/2 cup pitted prunes and 1 cup
water and 2 tsp. of lecithin(processed in your blender).  You would
substitute 1 cup of butter to 1/2 cup puree, or 1 cup oil to 3/4 cup of
puree. This is a great way to reduce your fat intake.  I can send along a
chocolate chip recipe that has 49 calories per cookie and under 1 gram of
fat, if anyone is interested. The puree can be stored in your fridge for
3 weeks.

Regards, Valerie