From: ARRL Education Services
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 5:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2016 Teachers Institute Schedule Announced

Greetings!

ARRL has recently announced the 2016 schedule for our Teachers Institute on Wireless Technology. We want you to be among the first to receive this information.  If you are an ARRL member you’ll see an article about the Teachers Institute in the March issue of QST.  You will also see an announcement in our next issue Radio Waves.

If you are a past participant of the Teachers Institute we hope that you have found many ways to use the ideas, training and resources you received and are interested in spreading the word to other teachers.  You may want to consider signing up for the advanced TI-2 on Remote Sensing and Data Gathering.

You are probably in the best position to know where to circulate information about this opportunity within your school district.  A listing on your school or school district website?  A newsletter?   A web page for science and technology teachers?  Word of mouth to teachers in your circle? We’d like to get the word out to reach teachers who can make use of this opportunity.

If you would like to receive copies of our printed brochures please send your request and your mailing address to [log in to unmask]

Here’s some copy you can use to announce the opportunity in your school community:

Integrate Science and Math with Engineering and Technology by Exploring Wireless Technology

ARRL, the national association for amateur radio, has just announced the schedule for two sessions of its Introductory Teachers Institute on Wireless Technology (TI-1) to be offered during the summer of 2016. Now in its 13th year, the ARRL Teachers Institute is an expenses paid, intensive professional development opportunity for educators who want to receive training and resources to explore wireless technology in the classroom.  Topics at the TI-1 Introduction to Wireless Technology, include basic electronics, radio science, microcontroller programming and basic robotics.  ARRL will also offer an advanced Teachers Institute (TI-2) on Remote Sensing and Data Gathering. The linked article from the March issue of ARRL’s journal, QST, includes the schedule and description of offerings this summer.

Please visit the ARRL website at: www.arrl.org/teachers-institute-on-wireless-technology for more details.

Go to www.arrl.org/teachers-institute-application for information about applying and to download an application.

Application deadline is May 1.

Debra Johnson, K1DMJ

Education Services Manager

ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio®

225 Main Street

Newington, CT 06111-1494

Office:(860) 594-0296

Fax: (860) 594-0259